Precision design in three sizes. Excellent vang/boom support for performance cruising and racing. White powder coated aluminum & polished stainless steel. Supplied with spectra cable ready to add your tackle system. Your 4:1 equals 8:1 when installed on Yacht Rod™ . Can be led to small winch for additional power. Spring return holds boom. Brackets for mast and boom sold separately. Mast and boom fittings are listed below.
• Eliminates need for boom topping lift.
• Supports boom in light air and when reefing and lowering the mainsail.
• Faster than hydraulics - No messy hydraulics to leak.
• More efficient than conventional tackles.
• Tubing is white coated anodized 6061-T6 aluminum and electropolished 316 stainless steel.
• Precision machined 6061-T6 aluminum clevis ends, sheaves and Nylatron® bearings.
• Precipitation hardened stainless steel spring with fast-pin adjustment - rated for over 1 million compressions
• No gas spring to lose its charge.
Note of Caution: Oversheeting or leaning heavily on aft end of boom can bend the boom or the Yacht Rod™. The main halyard shackle should be snapped to the outboard boom end, in port, to prevent damage to the Yacht Rod™.
Part Number: 352101