Orbit blocks™ are a no-compromise product range developed to meet the demands and expectation of the professional racing sailor. Side cheeks incorporating head structure and hub are precision machined as a single part from solid alloy, leaving material only where it contributes to the load carrying capacity of the block and eliminating the need for additional fasteners. The Orbit sheave has captive Acetal or Torlon® ball bearings for side thrust loads, eliminating the need for side retainer plates. This reduces weight and allows for a wider bearing surface that can accommodate longer Torlon® needles.
• The highest strength-to-weight ratio.
• Minimal friction loss, especially when working at high loads.
• Simplicity of design and construction to facilitate maintenance and servicing.
• Lockable swivelling head post.
• Fully machined Alloy cheek plates.
• Alloy sheaves with captive ball races.
Mainsheet and genoa sheet systems on boats to 25 m (82 ft), spinnaker systems, halyards on boats to 28 m (92 ft), running backstay systems on fractionally rigged boats to 20 m (65 ft) or 25 m (82 ft) masthead.
Part Number: RF159100